Thank you for visiting Alan Ward’s website, please read the terms and conditions before using this website.
If you require any further information relating to the terms and conditions of this website please contact us either on line or by phone calling 01743 462000 and ask for our web team, during normal office hours. For details of our office hours please check the relevant section on this website.
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to H & H (Retail) Limited, trading as: Alan Ward. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product(s) is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of the United Kingdom only.
We reserve the right to amend this notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (for example the URL you came from, IP address, domain type), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the advertisements you clicked on, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit and any search terms that you entered on our website (“Your Information). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
What do we use your information for?
When you visit our site, your information is collected and monitored in order that we may improve the quality of our service, and to enable us to present you with Alan Ward products which are relevant to your browsing history. Your information is collected when you visit our site, request information from us, contact us (and vice versa) or make an order. We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
When you register with us, we need to know your name, postal address and email address. We gather this information to allow us to communicate with you about our products and promotions.
In order for you to complete a purchase on our website, we need to know your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and if you are paying by card, your debit or credit card number and expiry date. We gather this information to allow us to process your order and provide you with the best possible service. The relevant information is then used by us, our team and sub-contractors to authenticate your identity, to validate your debit or credit card, to authorise the transaction and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general. You specifically authorise us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties for these purposes.
If you consent, we may also wish to provide you with information about products, services or special offers offered by our company which may be of interest to you.
We use your information for the following purposes:
How do we protect your information?
Information that you provide us with remains confidential, and private information such as credit card, social security numbers and financial information is not stored on our servers. The internal procedures of Alan Ward cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information and we fully comply with all applicable UK data protection law.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies also help us evaluate our website. Knowing visitor levels, what device our visitors are using, which pages people like the best, social networks shares and how people have found us (search engines and links for example) helps us to make the website better for us and for you!
Types of cookies and what we each one for:
4. This policy was last modified on 10th December 2013.
Our Website Services
1. Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
2. All prices are in Great British Pounds (GBP) and are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rates. We endeavour to ensure that our prices are current. Prices (where applicable) can be accessed via this website and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we undertake to fulfil your order at the price agreed at the time you ordered.
3. We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website; however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any description error, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
4. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour, nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
5. We supply and despatch our products to customers within the United Kingdom (mainland England and Wales) only. For other areas of the United Kingdom we would use specialist carriers, charges will apply.
6. We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
7. Delivery is an additional charge, calculated at the time of purchase.
8. When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, billing address, address for delivery (if different), your email address, telephone contact and credit or debit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission virus or malware.
9. Once you have submitted your order you will receive an order acknowledgement email from us, normally within 24 hours (excluding Christmas Day and Easter Sunday). This email will give you a web order reference to use in any initial communication. You will then receive a telephone call from our web team to confirm all the details of your order. A paper copy of this order will be posted to your address; this paper copy will have an order number on the top right hand corner. Please use this order number for all further communications you may have with regards to your order.
10. We would recommend that you retain all emails which relate to this order along with the paper confirmation of the order.
If you have purchased an additional warranty, please refer to our section on this website which relates to warranty products for full details including terms and conditions.
All online orders are subject to a 25% deposit at the time of ordering.
Finance is available in store but not on line. If you wish to take advantage of our finance offers please discuss this when you are contacted by a member of our web team. Please note that all finance applications will need to be completed at your nearest Alan Ward store. For details of all our store locations please refer to our stores locator on the home page.
For Web transactions all payments are by Credit or Debit Card, and are processed securely through Sage Pay, and are protected by a secure connection. This ensures that the card details are encrypted before being transmitted to your bank to obtain payment. As an additional security measure no details of your card number are stored by us on line.
For processing payments please follow the instructions on the website.
In the event that we have to refund any monies we will process that refund using the same method of payment e.g. Credit or Debit Card as was used for the original transaction.
For all orders the remaining balance (after deposit) must be paid in full before we can despatch the goods. A receipt for the balance will be sent to the billing address on the order.
Please note we are unable to accept cash or cheques on delivery.
11. We undertake to accept or reject your order within 14 days. If we have not responded to you within 14 days, your offer is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase, however the most likely reason for rejecting your offer will be that we do not currently have that product in stock.
12. Delivery of your ordered product(s) will be as set out on our website. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received full payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
13. All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we despatch the goods.
Order cancellation & returns
Cooling off Period. (Web on line orders only).
You are entitled to a statutory cooling off period which begins immediately from the time the order is placed and ends 14 working days (Christmas Day, Easter Sunday and all Statutory Bank Holidays excluded) after the good have been delivered.
For Health and Hygiene reasons certain goods (e.g. Mattress’s, Mattress Protectors and pillows that have been removed from the original sealed packaging) are exempt from this provision.
Orders that have been made to a specific specification are also exempt from this provision.
If you wish to exercise your statutory right to cancel you must inform us within the 14 day period either by email or recorded post.
If the goods have not been despatched at the time of cancellation, we will refund the full amount including delivery charges in the same form of payment as was made at the time of order e.g. the same credit or debit card.
If you cancel the goods/contract once the goods have been despatched, please reject the delivery ensuring the original packaging on the goods remains intact and unopened.
If the goods have been received and you choose to cancel you must contact us to arrange the return of the goods within 14 working days of the delivery. Please note that the ownership of the goods including their safekeeping are your responsibility until they are collected and have been signed for by the carriers.
If the goods have not been returned to us or arranged to be returned within 28 working days of notice of cancellation then we will deem the notice of cancellation as being null and void.
Definitions of Working Days are: Monday to Saturday and excludes Christmas Day, Easter Sunday and all Statutory Bank Holidays.
Once all goods are received back in either our stores or Distribution Centre, payment will be made in the same for of payment as was made at the time of order e.g. the same credit or debit card.
Order Cancellation Due to Error
14. Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or similar oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction. Where your credit card has been charged, we will immediately refund your credit card for the total amount debited.
Delivery Service and Charges
We will only deliver to the address that you provided us at the time you placed your order, and all deliveries must be signed for. If you are out when our delivery team arrives they will leave a card with a contact number for you to call and rearrange the delivery at a future date. Please note there will be a charge for any failed deliveries.
Once the goods arrive in stock you will be given a choice of 3 delivery dates and you will be expected to accept one of those dates.
For logistical reasons we are unable to store goods longer than 14 days. Orders must be paid in full once goods arrive at our warehouse.
Charges for our standard delivery areas are detailed on this web site and will be added automatically to your order when clicking the appropriate button on this site.
We will deliver to mainland England and Wales only, if you live within our standard delivery area, the charge will be added automatically to your order during the checkout stage on line. If you place an order outside our standard area, a member of our sales team will contact you on receipt of your enquiry to confirm the delivery charge.
For Scotland, Northern Ireland and offshore parts of England and Wales we will obtain a quotation, however customers in these areas may prefer to arrange their own transport.
Before placing an order please check the access and check that the goods will fit into the room of your choice, taking care to measure doorways, hallways etc ensuring that we can deliver the goods safely and securely. Where necessary please remove pictures, mirrors or any valuables to ensure the delivery is trouble free.
At the checkout stage of your order you will be asked to confirm that you have checked all access in and outside of your property to ensure the suitability for the goods ordered.
We offer two levels of delivery service which you will have chosen at the time of ordering.
1. Drop to room
This service involves delivering the goods to your property and placing it in the room of your choice.
2. Premium Delivery Service
In addition to the above we will unpack the goods, place them in position, remove all packaging (environmentally and responsibly) and will assemble the goods so as they are available for immediate use (charges may apply).
We will endeavour to contact you on the morning of the delivery to give you an estimated arrival time.
Circumstances beyond our control
Whilst we will do our up-most to fulfil your order within the quoted lead time, which is given to the best of our knowledge at the time of ordering, circumstances’ beyond our control (for example delays from our suppliers, Act of God, War, Industrial Disputes, Floods or other Adverse weather conditions, Fire etc) may mean that this is not possible.
If the quoted lead time is exceeded by 25%
- for undelivered items valued up to £500 then we will make an allowance of £10 per order
- for undelivered items over £500 then we will make an allowance of £25 per order.
(this will be refunded once delivery has taken place or on arrangement of the final delivery.)
If the quoted lead time is exceeded by 50% then you have the right to cancel any of the undelivered items in full, but in doing so you will waive the right to any of the allowances stated above, otherwise the allowances stated above will apply.
15. We undertake to replace for you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged product, you must notify us through our designated “contact us” webpage (where we set out our requirements relating to return of such goods).
Whilst we will do our up-most to ensure that the goods arrive to you undamaged and defect free, if the goods are damaged or defective in any way and discovered at the time of delivery, then the delivery team will contact us immediately and we will arrange either a replacement or repair to manufacturing standard.
If the delivery team has left when the damage or defect is discovered, please contact us by email immediately or within 5 working days. We undertake to respond within 2 working days setting out our course of action, dependent on the nature of the defect. We will in the first instance offer to repair the goods to the original manufacturing standard or if this is not possible then offer to replace the defective item(s).
If the goods are found to be defective and you do not wish to have a replacement, repair or reselection we will make a refund for the goods including your original delivery charge.
We undertake to collect the goods at our expense and within 7 working days.
16. Once you have notified us through our website that you wish to return faulty, damaged or undamaged product, you may return the product to any of our stores provided that you can supply a valid proof of purchase eg. Sales order and receipt.
Enews Prize Draws
Only UK residents are eligible to enter our enews sign up prize draws. Employees, friends and family of H&H Retail, its associated companies and suppliers are excluded from entering. We reserve the right to charge a nominal delivery charge where a prize draw winner is resident outside of our normal delivery area. Winners must agree to participate in publicity.
17. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
18. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only, provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
19. Except as permitted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
20. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
21. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
22. Linking our website is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
Intellectual Property Rights
23. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
24. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
25. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
26. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
27. Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
28. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
29. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
30. From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Limitation of Liability
31. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods and/or services again or payment of the costs of having those goods and/or services supplied again.
32. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from product/s we have supplied.
33. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
34. If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than Thirty (30) days, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least Seven (7) days Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
35. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
36. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
37. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.